Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Looking Back

What a great weekend! Seriously! I think I learned more from these kids than they could ever learn from me! It was great seeing how these kids treated Phil and April. I don't know if I'm too harsh on his old youth group, but this one is amazing! They are respectful and they obey. They all hang out together and they are not divided socially into middle school and high school. I just loved seeing them interact!

The message was awesome! Don't trade your treasure for trash. Live on purpose. Let your faith not only lift you, but lower you. All things that I needed reminded of. It was good to get out of my comfort zone as well. We even danced a little... LOL, no seriously... They taught us this song that was about David dancing before the LORD and basically the song said, "LORD, I'll be undignified for you." Sweet action! Harding would have died. Sorry, David Basel Burks... We dance at Winterfest and your University was represented there... ROCK ON! I also got to see my "little" brother, Dan (or Danny as I still call him). I use the quotes because the kid is stinking 6'1"... Ridiculous. He's so awesome tho! I am so proud of how much he's grown. It's amazing! I really see God working in him. Katie and Chris were here as well. They got to see my apt! How exciting! It was a huge blessing to have them here. I forget how much I miss those two... I got to laugh with Katie and Chris and I got to have our Ben and Jerry's date that we haven't had in months. It was swell! :)

Well, back to work. I had the day off yesterday, which was nice. It was the first time I've had a national holiday off since I was a senior in high school and we got days out of school. Harding doesn't recognize national holidays like President's Day and Martin Luther King, Jr Day... Eva and I celebrated the day off by joining The Rush. Time to get in shape! Woot! :)

Have a blessed day, all!

No comments: