Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Thoughts on Life

Life is a complicated and beautiful thing. There are many things that confuse us, things that thrill us and things that hurt us. Yet, for the most part, people love life. How strange. The things that mean the most to us are often the things we don't understand. God loves us. He gave his only Son to die on the cross for us. His love gives us joy. His love creates a hurt in us, although the pain is different for everyone. To me, God's love confuses me. Yet, I cannot imagine my life without it. To be honest, there would be no point to life without God's love.

Recently, the son of one of the family's at church was in a bad accident. I have become very close to this family in my four months here and this accident hit me hard. Talking to Chele and hearing her pain was terrifying to me. Josh is going to be ok, but something like this will inevitably affect you. I thought of this situation like it was one of my family members in the accident. Life is fragile. You never know what might happen. Look at Job. He lost EVERYTHING! We are all in God's care, but He does not necessarily shield us from pain. He promises to be there to hold us while we hurt. God is holding that family and all of us who were affected by this event. If you think about it, please pray for that situation.

I have also started to question the trials in my life. I am blessed with a good family. However, like all families, we have our issues. In the past few weeks, some hard facts and topics have come to the surface. Again, we go back to the fact that the things you love the most are the things that hurt the most. We are limping through it. Regardless of the pain, I love my family and would give anything for them. I know that God is good and we will overcome these hardships, only to be made stronger in the end.

There are other things that I've been thinking about, but they are not as pressing. Something about a biological clock (lol) and an occasional sense of loneliness. These things will be dealt with in time, with patience and God's direction.

Have a blessed week! In light of the season (YAY, GRADUATES) learn to embrace change and look for the blessings in every challenging situation!

No comments: