Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Faith Without Deeds

Sometimes life takes a little more strength than we alone possess. That’s where God, family and friends come in. I’m not implying that my life is at such a point that I am struggling to cope. By no means am I in that place. I wonder what would happen if I got to that place? Would I admit my weakness and ask for help? I’m not sure… But I digress…

Lately, I’ve been feeling some tugs on the heart strings. I’ve got questions about love and commitment that I have no answers for. Surprisingly, my little sister has been a great help in this department. How can she be so wise?! Amazing! With patience and reliance on God, I’m sure things will pan out how they’re supposed to. However, I keep coming back to those sermons about faith without deeds. What am I supposed to be doing and what would be forcing things? Becky has her own opinions on this, but I have not formulated my own yet. Time… It seems like I’ve already given so many years of my time to this, so what’s a little more? :)

I had an amazing weekend! I went camping and whitewater rafting with Jenny and her family. It was fantastic! I think I would love being a river guide. Water, sunshine, outdoors, a good workout. Sounds like an awesome summer!! We’ll see. Some of that depends on those heart strings, I suppose.

Steph’s coming into town today! I’m excited! I think I’m going to chart how many different states I touch in the year 2007. Thus far, I’ve hit AR, TN, OH, KY, MI and NC. Today, I’m hitting GA. In July, I’m going to be in CO and I might hit up VA this summer. Eventually, I’ll get down to AL to see Luke and FL to see Reggie and Sarah. Friday marks the one year anniversary of me inheriting Balls (my car). By Friday, I will have put about 25000 miles on him. I love that traveling!

No comments: