Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming...

I'm trying to keep my head above water. Ok, really, life is good, but I am EXHAUSTED today! I'm trying not to fall asleep and drool on my keyboard... Gross.. What you can't see is all the backspacing I'm having to do. My brain knows what I want to type, but my fingers are feeling a mite sluggish... Oh well, I'll press on.

Eva made the comment the other day that I am a very busy girl. Why is that? I've been in Knoxville for four months and already I've got a pretty regular schedule of involvement. Being with people in the church occupies a majority of my time besides work. I also spend time at the gym pretty regularly as well as socializing with coworkers and the few other friends I've made here in Knoxville. I thrive on activity. When I was in college (whoa, that was weird...) I constantly had things that I was doing. An afternoon in the apartment with nothing to do was rare, but welcome. I love the downtime. However, if I have too much of it, I risk going crazy... I guess I just like being busy and social.

So where does God come into all this? I fill my time with good things, things that I can be proud of. But is my busy routine taking up my time with God? "What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?" (Mt 16:26 NIV) This is my reminder to myself that I need to make my relationship with God the priority. Everything else will benefit from such a decision. Have a blessed week and be sure to make God your #1!

No comments: