Friday, May 11, 2007

That Vitamin C Song

When I was in high school, that Vitamin C song about moving on but being friends forever came out. They would play it a lot around graduation. Now, with Harding's graduation upon us, I've got that song stuck in my head. I can't believe a bunch of my friends are graduating this weekend. We're all growing up so quickly. I was thinking about high school last night and the memories I made then. It seems like it wasn't that long ago. However, in between those memories and now are all the memories I made in college. I still find it hard to believe that I've graduated and I'm out on my own now. It just kind of sneaks up on you, you know? My chest gets a little tight thinking about it sometimes. Obviously I'm ready for it, because I'm surviving, but it's still strange to think about.

I'm looking forward to being back at Harding this weekend. It's been over two months since I've been there. I miss the people there so much! They are my closest friends. It's so different in Knoxville. Harding really is a bubble. Don't get me wrong, I loved every second of it. It's just so different here. Each atmosphere has its benefits and it's frustrations.

Pray for all those people who are now faced with "the rest of their lives." This can be a very intimidating time. God is good and He'll direct their paths. I'll see all of you Knoxville folk when I get back. Searcy, here I come!


P.S. Heather's last day is today... Buhrn on being the only college aged girl in the office... I'm going to miss her! But there will be many a trip to Podunk, North Carolina! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.