Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Oh How Things Have Changed

I went to a wedding this weekend. The wedding of a guy that I was super close to during our first semester at Harding. We were road trip buddies and confidants. Rachel is a lucky girl! God is going to bless the two of them in amazing ways in their lives together!

It got me to thinking, tho. Big surprise. Being around Harding people has caused me to be very thoughtful as of late. So much has changed since we all started at Harding. We have changed, situations have changed, Harding has changed, and relationships have changed. Some friendships have grown so strong they will never be broken. Other relationships that started so strong have become strained. I've been blessed to have relationships coming out of college that I know are everlasting. God has been very good to me.

Jesus is unchanging. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. That relationship is a constant, although at times, one-sided. What a comfort.

I'm going camping and white water rafting this weekend! I am so pumped! I'm going with a family that I've known since I was born. Jenny and I have been friends since birth. Well, since my birth, since she's six months older than me. That's why I'm Jenny 2. This is just one of those friendships that no amount of time could ever cause it to disappear. Rock on! I am so excited!!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, kids! Let's remember what this weekend is all about. Monday is not about a day off work, but rather a time to reflect on all those that have done so much to make our lives as amazing as they are! God bless!

No comments: