Thursday, December 13, 2007

No Really, LET IT SNOW!!

It is December 13th and the current temperature is sixty-one degrees. This is kind of crazy. We're had highs this week of seventy-five degrees. How are you supposed to get into the Christmas spirit when you're too busy sweating your socks off? No, literally, I've contemplated wearing flip-flops all week! It's supposed to snow this weekend, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Swimming may have improved my lung capacity, but I refuse to test it on Tennessee's idea of "snow".

Sam and I are headed to Asheville this weekend with the puppy to visit my Jenny Lynn! I can't wait! She's got a pretty little baby bump! I'm excited for her. Eva had her baby. Gorgeous little Jayda was born Friday, November 30th. Eva, Jay and the baby are doing well. Life has certainly brought unexpected blessings to their lives.

Life is going really well here. My relationships are truly developing into something beautiful. While I love my family and can't wait to spend the holidays with them, I am finding myself heartbroken at the idea of leaving my Tennessee family for a week. It comforts me to know that Jax will take good care of Sam while I'm gone. :)

Jax... Oh me, oh my! He's almost seven months old and a complete terror. I love him to pieces! He has not destroyed anything in the house, which is a miracle considering he's a boxer puppy. He's absolutely gorgeous! We registered him with the AKC. He is officially Jax Rian Romanov. Within the next few months, we will start showing him. We want to see how he does in shows before we consider breeding him. If he's not the perfect picture of a boxer, we don't want to hurt the breed. I am not worried about that, tho! He meets all the standards and has the perfect temperament! Sam is fascinated with the dog and constantly comments on how big he's getting. At the age of six and a half months, he weighs 43 pounds and continues to grow... We're looking at a future BIG DOG! :)

My first grad class is complete. I had my final on Tuesday night. Overall, the class went well. I hope that the rest of my grad classes are a bit more of a challenge. Next semester, I intend to take three grad classes. I will also be working full time. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I love a challenge. I also want to graduate with my Masters by May of 2009. This can only happen if I bust my butt. It's worth it to me.

Well, that's a pretty decent update. I suppose that's all for now. I'll be back eventually to contribute to this again. I hope you all have a blessed holiday! Merry Christmas!

No comments: